This is the centenary year of the Bihar-Orissa Governor's Legislative Council (Jharkhand Vidhan Sabha since 2000) formed in 1921. According to this historical fact, in 2021, 100 years of Adivasi intervention and participation in Indian legislature and parliamentary democracy are being completed.
In 1921, for the first time Adivasis got the opportunity to join the Indian legislature. From where the new history of their legislative struggle along with the ground struggle begins. The Adivasis, who struggled since the colonial period, raised the questions of water forest land and language and culture very strongly in the Indian legislative system from 1921, and in this sequence, they not only established Adivasi aspirations and Adivasi politics in modern Indian society but they also shape-up parliamentary democracy. Even today the Adivasi society of India is fighting for the true democratic nature of the country through constitutional and peaceful means. But political writers, historians, and intellectual-academic scholars did not pay attention to this Adivasi legislative struggle of hundred years.
Today, when the Adivasi discourse is the most provoking social, political, literary-cultural, and academic world of India, it is necessary to study and evaluate the intervention and contribution made by the Adivasis in the Indian legislative and democratic parliamentary system during the past hundred years. Not only to give completeness to the modern political historiography of India but also to understand the present and future condition of the Indian Adivasis.
We are going to organize a one-day national seminar on 26 October 2021 to take this forgotten glorious history and important subject to Jharkhandi and the general public of the country, historians, writers, and scholars. The theme of the seminar is "Hundred Years of Adivasi Intervention in Indian Legislature and Parliamentary Democracy (1921-2021)". It is being organized by Jharkhandi Bhasha Sahitya Sanskriti Akhra in collaboration with Dr. Ram Dayal Munda Tribal Welfare Research Institute, Welfare Department (Government of Jharkhand).
A limited number of participants will be accepted in this national seminar as per the guidelines issued by the Central and State Governments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Special preference will be given to interested common people and research scholars in tribal society, literature, and politics.
Read the concept paper of the seminar here.View the detailed program of the seminar here.The invitation card for the seminar is available here.The participant registration fee is only ₹ 600.Submit the online registration form here to attend the seminar.Pay Participant Registration Fee ₹600 here.Remember, your registration form and fee must be received by us by 20 October 2021.
If you want to submit your paper in the seminar, want to read the article, then you can send an abstract of your article on the following topics-
1. Role of Adivasis in Pre-Independence Indian Legislature and Parliamentary Politics.
2. Role of Adivasis in Indian Legislature and Parliamentary Politics after Independence.
3. Participation and Contribution of Adivasi Women in Indian Legislature and Parliamentary Politics.
4. Role of Adivasi MLCs-MLAs-MPs in the making of the Indian Democratic system.
5. Unanswered Adivasi questions in the Hundred Years of Indian Legislature and parliamentary system.
6. Adivasi Self-Governance Struggle and the Response of the Indian Legislature.
7. Hundred Years of Adivasi Intervention in Indian Legislature and Parliamentary system.
8. History of Representation of Adivasi Parties in Indian Legislature and Parliamentary Politics.
9. Contribution of Adivasi Mahasabha in India's Legislative System and Parliamentary Democracy.
10. Future Tasks of Adivasi Representatives in Indian Legislative and Parliamentary System in the context of current challenges.But we must get the abstract of your paper / article by 20 October 2021 and the complete paper / article by late night of 25 October 2021.Submit your abstract online here.There are plans to publish the selected articles as a book which will be released in January 2022.
Welcome to all of you
You are cordially invited
One Day National Seminar on 'Hundred Years of Adivasi Intervention in Indian Legislature and Parliamentary Democracy'
In the country of Birsa, Phulo-Jhano, Maki and Jaipal Singh Munda.
Join akhra & save, protect, preserve Adivasi Languages and culture.Send your valuable support, suggestons & donation at email@example.com
Recent AKHRA Activity